He suffered severe burns on his chest, arm and hand when the charger touched the water and died on 11 December, the newspaper said.
An English coroner will warn Apple that iPhone chargers can be potentially deadly after a man was electrocuted while charging his phone in the bath.
Richard Bull, 32, died in December a year ago at his home in London.
Richard Bull was electrocuted after his charging phone came into contact with his bath water.
Ringo Starr, Brian Wilson and more pay tribute to Chuck Berry
Whatever the music was named, Bruce Springsteen , one of many artists heavily influenced by Berry, said the man was indispensable. The song's opening riff is a clarion call adjudged as the greatest intro in rock-and-roll history by many worldwide.
"These seem like innocuous devices, but they can be as unsafe as a hairdryer in a bathroom".
His injuries were so bad, his wife Tanya at first thought he had been attacked.
Coroner Dr Sean Cummings ruled Bull's death was an accident, but issued a warning to users - and said he would also contact iPhone manufacturer Apple with his concerns. However, the coroner, a public official who investigates suspicious, sudden or violent deaths, said he was extremely concerned that people didn't realize that phones were as unsafe near water as, say, hairdryers. "They should attach warnings", he told the inquest, calling the death "accidental".
As the Daily Mail reports, when police arrived at the scene they found an extension cord leading into the bathroom from the hallway. "You don't think there is enough electricity but there is".