Teenager Electrocuted While Using Mobile In Bath

It is believed that Madison died after touching the frayed extension cord she was using to charge the phone

It is believed that Madison died after touching the frayed extension cord she was using to charge the phone

District officials also released a statement saying, "It is with heavy hearts that Frenship Independent School District mourns the loss of Madison Coe".

The girl's parents gave the Lovington Police Department in New Mexico permission to release their daughter's final photo in order to raise awareness about the dangers of using a cellphone while taking a bath.

Coe, of New Mexico, reportedly texted an image of her phone charger plugged into an extension cord to a friend along with the message, "When you use [an] extension cord so you can plug your phone in while you're in the bath".

The cord was plugged into a non-grounded outlet with no circuit-interrupting safety mechanism, according to a report from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Lovington Police Department.

Police released the last text Coe sent, presumably to a friend, showing a picture of her cell phone's charger plugged into an extension cord outside the bathtub.

China's economic growth holds steady despite slowdown fears
In terms of de-stocking in the property market, the floor space of unsold homes were down 9.6 percent at the end of June. On Monday , NBS also reported faster growth of retail sales of consumer goods and industrial production.

"She was my everything", said Madison's dad, Logan Coe, summing up the tragedy.

Authorities determined the fatal mishap was caused by when the 14-year-old touched a frayed part of the extension cord. There she played on the girl's basketball team and in the band. All it takes is a drop, ' her step mom, Felisha Owens, said.

Her relatives believe that the latter was possibly responsible for the teens' death as a burn mark was found in her hand. "She was just sweet to everybody and everybody loved her".

The teenager's grandmother Donna O'Guinn said that the girl was her "shining star" and Madison was wiser than her age. Very good student in school.

A GoFundMe page has been set up for anyone who would like to help the family with medical and funeral expenses. The family is now trying to discourage people from using their cell phones in the bathroom while it is plugged on to the electrical socket to charge.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.